Fristam Pumps USA, a leading manufacturer of high quality stainless steel pumps, mixers and blenders, has an immediate opening on 1st shift for an assembler in our Middleton, WI manufacturing facility.
This position is responsible for assembling Fristam products according to drawings and specifications which meet performance, quality, and customer delivery expectations.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Read and interpret drawings and specifications to assure accurate assembly of products including preparation of components before assembly and testing, and inspection after completion at a normal level of efficiency to meet production standards.
• Assemble parts or unit & attach unit to assembly, sub-assembly, or frame, using hand tools and power tools.
• Perform wiring operations in accordance with specifications as part of unit assembly.
• Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
• Prepare all pumps and parts to meet delivery schedules; visually inspect all pumps prior to boxing/crating to ensure a quality product is shipped.
• Spray surfaces of equipment with protective material such as primer, paint, enamel or epoxy.
Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent with 1-3 years of related experience and/or training. To perform the job successfully, individuals must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and blueprints and have experience with portable power tools and hand tools. Candidates must possess the desire to help maintain a lean working environment and support continuous improvement projects within the company. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift 40-45 lbs frequently; up to 75 lbs occasionally. Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. Previous manufacturing experience desired.
Starting at $15.50/hour. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity. The hours for this position are 7:00 a.m. - 3 p.m. M-F. We offer an excellent working environment and a generous benefits package. Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org