Fristam Pumps USA, a leading manufacturer of pumps and mixers for the food, dairy and pharmaceutical industries located in Middleton, is looking for a Controller to join the Finance & Accounting team. This position is responsible for providing company management with timely and accurate financial information necessary for making business decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Oversee accounting functions including budgeting, cost accounting, payroll accounting, general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, and risk management.
• Supervise accounting department staff, as assigned
• Review financial statements for accuracy and clarity
• Analyze & interpret financial and operational performance
• Develop and support continual improvement activities for business policy, resource allocation, and operations
• Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies
• Direct the preparation of annual budgets
• Establish the appropriate internal controls for the organization to provide financial reporting integrity and identify fraudulent activities
• Assist the company’s risk management functions
• Participate in treasury management activities, including banking, investments, and foreign exchange
• Coordinate annual financial audits
• Member of the strategic leadership team overseeing strategic planning initiatives; member of the 401k Retirement Plan Advisory Committee
• Support intercompany financial reporting as requested
• Participate in special projects as necessary
The qualified candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related degree with 8 – 10 years of experience overseeing the accounting and finance function in a manufacturing environment. Effective oral and written communications and presentation skills are essential, as are interpersonal skills including proven ability to work cross-functionally throughout the company. Strong critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills a must. Previous supervisory skills required. Advanced computer skills and knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and ERP systems required. CMA or CPA certification a plus.
Fristam Pumps USA offers an excellent working environment and a generous benefits package.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fristam Pumps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted February 22, 2019