Fristam Pumps USA, a leading manufacturer of pumps and mixers for the food, dairy and pharmaceutical industries located in Middleton, is looking for a hard-working, motivated, and self-reliable individual to join our team as the HR Manager. This solo HR position is responsible for all aspects of managing the human resources function for 100+ employees, to include recruitment & retention, benefit administration, employee relations, leave administration, payroll, compensation, training & development, safety and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Analyze, interpret, develop, and implement HR policies, programs, and procedures as appropriate.Provide HR support to leaders on HR policies and processes.
• Provide performance management guidance to supervisors and managers in the form of coaching, counseling, career development and discipline. Assist management in the termination process, ensure the correct information has been gathered and that company policies have been followed.
• Manage the annual review and selection process for benefits plans; assist with benefits design and negotiation with vendors; communicate and administer benefit programs, manage annual open enrollment process; conduct benefit orientations; maintain benefit records and ensure accurate, up to date employee information.
• Strategize, develop and execute recruiting plan for all open positions; work closely with hiring managers, screening and advising on initial candidates, final candidates, compensation; responsible for new hire orientation and on-boarding.
• Research, deliver and/or evaluate programs, courses and initiatives for leadership and associate development. Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet associate training needs.
• Responsible for timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll processing including: importing and balancing timekeeping information and adjustments; communicating with supervisors on timekeeping edits and approvals; reviews time sheets to ensure timely completion of payroll processing; research payroll discrepancies; process wage attachments; and provide ad hoc reports as requested.
• Ensure the company compensation program is competitive in the marketplace and consistent with the compensation philosophy. Oversee the completion of annual performance appraisals by the management staff. Participate in compensation surveys, develop new wage scales as necessary and develop new position descriptions.
• Attend safety meetings with other management staff to track safety concerns and to ensure company is compliant for OSHA inspections and other audits. Track accidents and investigate complaints as necessary. Conduct annual safety training for all associates.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (EEO, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc.).
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
The qualified candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a related degree with a minimum of five (5) years of experience providing a broad range of HR support in a manufacturing environment. Effective oral and written communications and presentation skills are essential, as are interpersonal skills including diplomacy, flexibility, and sensitivity to a diverse workforce with its wide variety of ages, cultural backgrounds and experiences. Computer proficiency and familiarity with MS Office, Payroll and HRIS applications required. Prior payroll processing experience desired.
We offer an excellent working environment and a generous benefits package.
Email a resume to email@example.com
Fristam Pumps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.