Fristam Pumps USA has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager.
The Human Resources Manager develops and leads human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbook, supervisor handbook and procedures manual.
• Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefit information to employees. Work with senior management to choose insurance brokers, ensuring the best option for the company and the employees.
• Coordinate the new employee onboarding process with hiring supervisor to provide a smooth transition to the company and the position.
• Facilitate the training process for managers and supervisors. Topics: delegation, managing performance, interviewing skills, conflict resolution, fairness, communication, recognition, and discipline.
• Resolve employee relations issues to include conflict resolution, harassment investigations, wage complaints, employee disputes, attendance issues and general questions.
• Process bi-weekly payroll, address concerns and ensure the payrolls are handled effectively and timely.
• Conduct recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary employees; assist supervisors and managers in writing and placing advertisements.
• Attend safety meetings with other management staff to track safety concerns and to ensure company is compliant for OSHA inspections and other audits. Track accidents and investigate complaints as necessary. Conduct annual safety training to all employees.
• Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Participate in compensation surveys, assist in developing new wage scales as necessary and develop new position descriptions as required.
• Participate in staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars. Maintain company organization chart and employee directory.
• Assist management in the termination process, ensure the correct data has been gathered and that company policies have been followed.
• Attend unemployment hearings as necessary; address issues that arise regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Maintain and submit annual EEO-1 report; maintain other records, reports and logs.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Effective oral and written communications and presentation skills are essential, as are interpersonal skills including diplomacy, flexibility, sensitivity to a diverse workforce with its wide variety of ages, cultural backgrounds and experiences.
• Knowledge of HR laws and pending legislation is necessary.
• The ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• The ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Operational knowledge of payroll policies, regulations and procedures and a working knowledge of insurance and retirement policies, regulations and procedures.
• PC skills to include: MS Office software, such as Excel and Word.
• The ability to work with frequent, established deadlines.
• Organizational and analytical skills.
• The ability to develop, plan and implement short and long term goals.
Education and Work Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of Human Resources experience, OR
• A master’s degree in Human Resources Management and 2 years of experience in the HR field, OR
• 7 or more years of experience in the HR field, OR
• Any similar combination of education and experience
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is required
Please send resume, with salary requirements, to: firstname.lastname@example.org