Fristam Pumps USA has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Polisher.
Reports To: Polishing Supervisor
Summary: Responsible for grinding and polishing stainless steel work pieces according to specifications.
Shift hours: 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Milling, turning, drilling, tapping, sawing, hand layout of components using available jigs and fixtures.
• Mount and secure tooling in rack, turret or magazine; secure fixtures and check to confirm reference points.
• Follow work instructions detailing tooling, fixturing, programming and offset requirements.
• Install required programming, confirm part number and revision level to ensure accurate part configuration.
• Load and unload components in and out of appropriate fixtures.
• Adjust tolerances and finish requirements to meet specifications; note and report variations in program sequence, positioning, cycle times, etc.
• Run additional equipment/multiple tasks required to expedite completion of the daily work load.
• Provide daily maintenance of the equipment.
• Keep all work areas neat and clean of debris and/or fluids that occur during normal daily operations.
• Assist coworkers as needed to complete tasks that require assistance.
• Carry out work-related tasks directed by department heads.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of machine shop practices and techniques, machine operation and tooling.
• Ability to read, understand and work from part drawings and specifications.
• Use a variety of precision measuring instruments.
• Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to lift 40 pounds frequently; 75 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to frequently stand and/or walk; occasionally reach with hands and arms and bend.
Education and Work Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience with manual, NC and/or CNC machining equipment and operations.
• Experience using metric measurement.
Please send resume, with salary requirements, to: firstname.lastname@example.org