Fristam Pumps USA, a leading manufacturer of sanitary pumps for the food, dairy and pharmaceutical industries located in Middleton, has an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, team-focused individual to provide leadership to our machining team, and facilitate machining processes to ensure the achievement of manufacturing, quality, and production objectives. The Machining Supervisor is responsible for supervising employees in a manufacturing environment: planning and assigning work, implementing policies and procedures and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Works closely with all leaders and employees in the organization to ensure current and future production activities are completed on-time, in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ensures that equipment and facilities are clean and properly maintained for efficient production.
• Promotes associate growth and development through training and mentoring.
• Utilizes technical knowledge to assist in troubleshooting machine or program related issues; answer machining related questions for both mills and lathes.
• Recommends equipment upgrades, staffing needs, equipment maintenance and selection of equipment, service or vendors.
• Effectively manages vendor and customer relationships and expectations.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications/Experience):
• A degree in a related field and a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a manufacturing management role.
• Previous CNC machining experience and the understanding of the machining process.
• Proven ability to improve manufacturing processes; Lean manufacturing techniques a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to grow a department to meet company objectives and growth.
• Previous experience using shop floor control, production planning and inventory control applications.
• Problem resolution and troubleshooting skills.
• Foster positive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines and be accountable for quality
• Exhibits strong leadership skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
We offer an excellent working environment and a generous benefits package.
Email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fristam Pumps USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted October 18, 2022